We have had the privilege of remodeling homes across central and northern New Mexico, including thousands of kitchens throughout the years. The kitchen is called the heart of the home, and for good reason, we all congregate there to socialize, eat, drink, hangout, and more. We thought it would be fitting to share one of our Poulin family traditions around Thanksgiving time that we love—eating cranberry salad.
My sister Laurene, who is also our Design Center Manager, is a wonderful cook. For the last 25 years, she’s been bringing cranberry salad to Thanksgiving dinner, and we devour it! We took the time to share with you this favorite dish that is easy to make, and best done the night before your feast.
We hope you enjoy this family recipe!
Laurene’s Famous Cranberry Salad
- 12-ounce package of cranberries
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1-pint blackberries, reserve half for garnish
- 1-pint raspberries, reserve half for garnish
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 6 oz pack of cherry 🍒 jello
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 /4 cup sugar
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- Orange zest
- Dissolve jello with 1.5 cups boiling water in a separate bowl.
- Chop pecans and celery in a food processor. Add to mixing bowl.
- Mix cranberries in a food processor. Add to mixing bowl.
- Add jello, orange juice, sugar, pomegranate seeds, 1/2 pint blackberries, 1/2 pint raspberries, apple, pear, and orange zest to the mixing bowl and stir.
- Place in your presentation dish and garnish the top with reserved berries and pomegranate seeds.
- Chill in the fridge overnight.
Do you have a family recipe that you’re known for?
Share it with us in the comments below or send us an email with your FAVORITE recipe- from our family to yours!
If you make the cranberry salad be sure to tag us on social media @poulindesigncenter